by Sheri Urban
According to a new bombshell report, Omar’s campaign has been paying $250,000 to her ex, Ahmed Hirsi, for his silence on her affair with D.C. political consultant Tim Mynett. Federal Election Commissions records also show that Omar’s campaign has paid Tim Mynett’s fundraising company $500,000 in the last year alone.
This is NOT the kind of scrutiny Omar wants, since the FBI announced it was investigating criminal allegations against her.
More details from the Daily Mail:
- Ahmed Hirsi discovered Ilhan Omar having an affair with married Tim Mynett when he went to her Washington D.C. apartment and found lovers in pajamas
- ‘He suspected she was cheating but she kept telling him he was paranoid,’ one source told DailyMail.com
- DailyMail.com revealed last October that Omar and Mynett were not only dating, but living together ‘on and off’ at a secret DC apartment
- Families of Hirsi and Omar hammered out a settlement giving Hirsi tens of thousands of dollars if he did not speak publicly about the marriage breakdown
- Meanwhile, Omar’s campaign paid Mynett’s fundraising company more than $500k last year, according to new Federal Election Commission figures
- In December alone his E Street Company received $87,683, according to the figures reviewed by DailyMail.com
Ilhan Omar has been subjected to scrutiny over her marriage scandal for months, and the Federal Bureau of Investigation reportedly began reviewing claims in January that the Democrat Congresswoman married her brother and committed marriage fraud – a felony offense punishable with a prison sentence of up to five years and a fine of up to $250,000.
In 2002, Ilhan Omar married Ahmed Hirsi, but she later filed for divorce after allegations came about that claimed she was having an affair with Tim Mynett, a D.C. political consultant. Before their divorce, they had two kids and were married until 2008. The next year, Omar married Elmi, who she described as a “British Citizen” on their marriage license. This is the marriage the FBI is looking into.
Allegations that Omar married her brother first came from a source in Somalia, who claimed that Omar, Hirsi, and Elmi lived together with Omar’s two children until they all moved to North Dakota. This is where Omar then began studying political science. It took all the way until 2017, right before she was elected into Congress, for her to divorce her alleged brother Ahmed Nur Said Elmi.
These claims about the Congresswoman have sparked the interest of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement and the US Department of Education, after the FBI shared more information with them. This means three government agencies are looking into Rep. Omar, although they have not confirmed the existence of any ongoing or potential investigations.
What do you think about this situation? Let us know in the comments below!